Thursday, November 3, 2011

7. #Occupy



The Occupy movement will be one of our topics of discussion next week and in light of that I thought it a good idea to take the time to see what the world at large has been saying about this movement that has turned our country into one giant protest. 

It's a movement that I am still unclear about. What I do know is that it moves me to see people unite under a collective banner, to forget about all of our differences and take up against oppression. That's one thing that I think many people are sure of. 

American's never follow suit, we always try to be the first, the best and the leader.  Occupy comes in on the heels of movements around the world, and it's refreshing to think that we as a country can take inspiration from others and hopefully turn that into a great change. 

Here are just a few of the interesting things I have found people saying/asking about Occupy, I encourage you to read and get inspired.

"Who are the opposer's of the movement and what are they saying?

"Proposal from international activists: The Global Square - an online platform for our movement "

Ben Roberts has made the most interesting photo essay I've seen of the movement  

No comments:

Post a Comment